Rotorua Highlights including Te Puia - Small Group Tour from Auckland
One day tour from Auckland to the famous and magical geothermal wonders of Rotorua including Te Puia Geothermal Park and Maori Cultural Village.
On this tour you will be picked up from the hotel in our comfortable mini-bus and driven through the stunning Waikato countryside, the most extensive farming area in the world, on a fully guided journey to Rotorua. During the trip south, you will encounter stunning scenery, great photo opportunities, beautiful mountains and see several different farm animals. We will also pass through the unique town of Tirau (the corrugated iron sculpture capital of the world) and the stunning Fitzgerald Glade.
Once in Rotorua we will guide you past many of its famous and historical sites including Lake Rotorua, The Government Gardens, Blue Baths, Thermal Springs and Polynesian Spa. From here we head to one of the most famous attractions in New Zealand, Te Puia Geothermal Park. Once inside the park we stop for lunch and we highly recommend trying the traditional Maori Hangi meal.
After lunch we set off for a fully guided tour around this amazing park to see it's geothermal and cultural wonders. You will see Pōhutu Geyser, Māori Architecture, the Māori craft school, geothermal craters, geothermal vents and even have the chance to view a kiwi bird in the kiwi viewing house.
Upgrade and enjoy a traditional Maori concert including a demonstration of the world-famous Haka.
Finally, our guides will take you for some discounted souvenir shopping in town before heading back north on a fully guided drive back to Auckland or you can choose to be dropped off in Rotorua instead.
- Fully guided small group return tour from Auckland
- Hotel pick ups and drop offs (specific central Auckland hotels only)
- Rotorua City Highlights Tour
- Te Puia Geothermal Park entry and fully guided tour
- Refreshments and snacks whilst driving
- On screen entertainment during the drive
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- Wifi and charging ports available in vehicle
- Transport in modern and comfortable minibuses
- Add optional Maori Cultural Show & Hangi Buffet lunch for $50 per person