Hobbiton & Rotorua including Wai-O-Tapu - Small Group Tour from Auckland
One day tour from Auckland to the famous and magical Lord of The Rings Hobbiton Movie Set and the geothermal wonders of Rotorua including Wai-o-Tapu geothermal park (rated as one of the most surreal places on earth).
On this tour you will be picked up from the hotel in our comfortable mini-bus and driven through the stunning Waikato countryside, the most extensive farming area in the world, on a fully guided journey to Hobbiton. During the trip south, you will encounter stunning scenery, great photo opportunities, beautiful mountains and see several different farm animals along the way.
After our drive we will arrive at the Alexander Family Sheep Farm and Shire's Rest (the entrance to Hobbiton), where you can see thousands of sheep, grab a bite to eat, get your coffee fix or enjoy an ice cream while we collect your tickets to the movie set.
Next you will board one of the big green Hobbiton buses to depart on your two hour fully guided tour of this amazing 12-acre movie set with a professional Hobbiton guide to ensure you get the most out of your visit. During your tour you will step into the lush pastures of the Shire, visit 44 hobbit holes, see amazing gardens, hear secrets and stories about the making of the movies and finish your LOTR experience with a cold beverage at the famous Hobbiton pub - The Green Dragon Inn.
After your Lord of the rings experience you will be guided back through the Alexander Family Sheep Farm before continuing south to the active geothermal area of Rotorua. During the trip we will pass through the unique town of Tirau (the corrugated iron sculpture capital of the world) and the stunning Fitzgerald Glade, plus many more attractions to see along the way. Once in Rotorua we will do a guided tour of the city past its famous and historical sites including Lake Rotorua, The Government Gardens, the Blue Baths, Thermal Springs and Polynesian Spa.
After some lunch our journey continues to Wai-O-Tapu Geothermal Wonderland considered one of the most surreal places on earth. Here you will see Champagne lake, Devil's bath, local mud-pools, geothermal craters and other geothermal wonders before a fully guided trip back to Auckland and the end of your tour.
- Fully guided small group return tour from Auckland
- Hotel pick ups and drop offs (specific central Auckland hotels only)
- Entry and fully guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set
- Alexander Family Sheep Farm & Shire's Rest
- Complimentary beverage at the famous Green Dragon Inn
- Entry and fully guided tour of Wai-O-Tapu including Champagne Pool, Devils Home & Devils Bath
- Rotorua City Highlights Tour
- Refreshments and snacks whilst driving
- On screen entertainment during the drive
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- Wifi and charging ports available in vehicle
- Transport in modern and comfortable minibuses